Author Topic: New Wordlist (Tanaka Corpus)  (Read 7480 times)

Makenai

• View Profile
New Wordlist (Tanaka Corpus)
« on: May 30, 2006, 08:58:52 AM »
Not sure if this is the proper protocol for announcing new wordlists, but I'll give it a try!

I've made a new wordlist based on the Tanaka Corpus - a large collection of sentences in Japanese with readings and English translations. This is the first of 5 parts - this one containing 10,000 words in 100 lessons.

It's a lot to study normally, but a nice test of your interpretting ability. Some of the sentences have advanced gramatical patterns, others are very simple. A few are just silly - just the same, hopefully this will be useful to someone else besides myself.

I have the file for download up at http://www.makenai.net/stackz/ - and the administrators here are free to make it available in the stackz wordlist archive if it meets their quality guidelines.

I plan on releasing the sequels to this file, but it might take a while since I currently have to rename each lesson by hand (see the bugs section of this forum). I'd rather spend that renaming time on studying.  ;)

-Pawel
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 09:03:42 AM by Makenai »

Kinzokusei no Inu

• View Profile
Re: New Wordlist (Tanaka Corpus)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 07:20:49 PM »
Nice work Pawel!? 久し振りですね。

I make heavy use of the Tanaka Corpus myself.

As I mentioned previously somewhere else on this board, I'd like to see Stackz integrated with an example sentence database, so that a person could readily put new vocabulary into context.? For now, a quick copy and paste from the test dialogue and into Jim Breen's search program works fairly well, but having a button to automate the process would be ideal.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 07:32:33 PM by Kinzokusei no Inu »
今を生きろ!

details