Author Topic: Application Error and Program Terminates  (Read 4972 times)

oxdacat

• View Profile
Application Error and Program Terminates
« on: May 08, 2006, 04:44:29 AM »
I get and application error (memory reference error) and the program terminates on a import with the wizard to a new file.  But I believe I have found the problem, or at least a work around. 

It appears that there must be at least one lesson, before one is imported with the wizard.  I originally removed the default "Lesson 1" as I didn't want it.  Then used the import wizard.  The error occurred at the Finish of the wizard.

Leaving the default lesson in the file and then importing works.  I now know to delete the empty lesson after the first import. 

Thanks

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Application Error and Program Terminates
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 06:35:55 AM »
You are right - there is a bug indeed! Thanks for reporting, it will be corrected soon!

Please note the radio buttons in the last step of the List Import Wizard that allow to send the new entries to a specific place:

• Create new document
  • Add to new lesson
  • Add to selected lesson

You can use the first option to create a new document and add the items directly to it, without empty default lesson being inserted. Note that this option is pre-selected if the wizard is used without open document in the background. Using this mechanism is easier than manually removing the first empty lesson before or after importing the entries but I will of course fix the crash.

oxdacat

• View Profile
Re: Application Error and Program Terminates
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 12:16:44 PM »
Thank you for the reply.   I appreciate the fast response.

And also for the great usage tip.   ;D

J.

details