Author Topic: & changed to _  (Read 4174 times)

stackzrockz

• View Profile
& changed to _
« on: April 16, 2006, 03:15:31 PM »
In all of my questions/answers, the "&" character is replaced with the "_" character when they are displayed in a test dialog.  However, the character still shows up as "&" if I enter card edit mode.  Using English as the specified field language.

Konstantin

Re: & changed to _
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2006, 06:26:46 PM »
I've fixed the issue.
Please download the latest Pocket PC version:
http://www.stackz.com/Stackz/ppc/ppc.htm#Download

Best regards,
Konstantin

oxdacat

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 12:21:21 PM »
This also happens to the Windows client.

Thanks,

J.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 05:22:26 PM »
Thanks for reporting the bug. However, I am unable to reproduce it, if I enter a '&' it stays like that in the test dialog...

What Stackz version are you using? And could you please send me a sample file where the said issue appears so I can investigate it further?

oxdacat

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 05:52:43 PM »
I downloaded the software just now from the Stackz web site (on a spare pc), and used the drinks.szm file.  I renamed the "Classic Drinks" lession to "Classic & Drinks".  When the edit is finished, the software displays "Classic _ Drinks".  If you edit the name again the client shows "Classic & Drinks" in the edit box. 

I've attached a Word document with screen captures of when a dash is shown and when edit is enabled on the lesson.

Thanks!

J.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 07:25:24 PM »
wow, THAT's interesting!!!  :o

I must admit that I have not tried it with the lesson TITLE before, I assumed that you are referring to the attribute texts, which seem to be OK.

The Windows control of the lesson title thinks that you want to underline the character following the '&' to mark it as keyboard accelerator... keyboard accelerator underlines are inserted in this way in Windows. I will remove this undesired conversion behavior in the next release.

Thanks for pointing it out!