Author Topic: Importing Into Lessons - Is there a way?  (Read 4729 times)

stackzrockz

• View Profile
Importing Into Lessons - Is there a way?
« on: April 11, 2006, 04:39:26 AM »
I have an excel file that is several thousand items long.? I want to import it into stacks, but into manageable lessons.? ?Is there any way to do it with the current setup of stackz or will I just have to do this manually?? I have a field in the original file named "Lesson" that could be used to group the similar cards together.? Thanks for your advice!

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Importing Into Lessons - Is there a way?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 07:13:01 AM »
There is a semi-automatic process in the ListImportWizard which you can use:

The Import and restart button in the third step of the wizard will add the entries to Stackz, then automatically go back to the first step of the wizard and clear the edit field there, all by preserving the "text-to-token" settings of the second wizard step.

The Start by collecting next lot checkbox will minimize the ListImportWizard window after the above button was pressed, and have it waiting for a "copy to clipboard" action. On the the next such copy action the ListImportWizard is restored, and it automatically processes the clipboard content until the last wizard step.

So to import a following lesson, it is sufficient to use the "Import and restart" button in the above way, then copy the desired content from the automatically appearing source window to the clipboard - the rest is automatic.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 02:58:13 PM by Chris »

details