Author Topic: Export output incorrect  (Read 3103 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

tarix

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Export output incorrect
« on: October 03, 2008, 07:57:00 AM »
This bug has been around for years.  It's at least 2.5 years old since that is when I bought Stackz!  I really thought I reported it but since it showed up in Stackz 7 I'll try again. :)

If you export UTF-8 text the order of the CR+LF is reversed.

On Windows it should be CR (0x0D) and then LF (0x0A) but for some reason Stackz gets it backwards.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newline

(It's worth noting that no operating system has ever used LF+CR so this bug is especially puzzling.)

Chris

  • Administrator
  • Sr. Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 429
    • View Profile
Re: Export output incorrect
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:19:24 AM »
Ah yes I found something: there is an additional 'CR' before the 'CR LF' sequence. It gets inserted automatically by a library function in the end, at a time when I already had created one manually myself... 

I had verified the CR LF order some time ago when somebody reported a reversion error :), but the order has been correct all the time. The additional CR is ignored by most editors, so I did not notice that... the bug report description sent me in the wrong direction.

Thanks for insisting! I'll check the code for similar issues, the next version will include an improved version.

tarix

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 20
    • View Profile
Re: Export output incorrect
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 07:35:20 AM »
Thanks for insisting! I'll check the code for similar issues, the next version will include an improved version.

For some reason the combination of editors I use must really dislike that.  I'm currently using EmEditor which assumes its a Macintosh file and so it ends up doing word line, blank line, word line, blank line, etc...

I apologize for not realizing that it was actually CR CR LF.  I ended using a hex editor to find the problem and even had a small C# application to clean it up. :)  (Thus the reason why it never really bothered me.  I just kind of got used to the extra cleaning step.)

 

details