Author Topic: Req: Multiplatform List Editor  (Read 7232 times)

Honza

Req: Multiplatform List Editor
« on: September 25, 2008, 02:37:33 AM »
Hello,

I'm using Pocket Stackz (only) and I'm really happy with it. And since I sold my old notebook and got myself a new one, a Mac. And that's when the trouble started - there's no way I can edit the lists in a nice way.
Tried Crossover trial - works well until I start adding new words - then the CPU time gets so busy and Korean letters aren't displayed properly. Unusable.
Then there are the virtualisation ways such as Parallels Desktop (paid), Virtualbox (GPL) etc. which would work I presume but they have one big flaw - you have to have Windows license... and that's where my problem is - I don't have it any more, I'm happy without Windows and I don't want to get them again just because of one program.
Sure, my PDA runs on Windows Mobile and I prefer this to iPhone (if I wanted iPhone or iPod I'd switch to iFlash software)... WM-based PDA is superior to iPhone in many ways (at least for me), such as the possibility to carry around a dictionary (or two).

So I was wondering if it'd be possible for us, non-Windows users, to have a cross-platform editor (Java-based would do the job I guess)... I'm even willing to pay for it since I want to keep using PocketStackz and my Mac. My guess is there are other people out there who'd be happy to have it, too.
What's the view of the HQ on this?  ;)

Thanks
Honza

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Req: Multiplatform List Editor
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 08:09:47 PM »
Concerning OS X, a small utility that can edit Stackz Wordlists is under development. If everything runs well a first version might be available by end of this year (might!). Of course it won't have all the advanced features like dictionaries and full color mode display in the beginning, but if the Mac is really the easy programming platform as they advertise, it won't take long. We'll see! :-)

Honza

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 04:41:55 AM »
Wow, that's great news! I don't need the advanced features, just an easy and comfortable way to create the wordlists for Pocket Stackz. Since I'm no programmer myself the only thing I can do is keep my fingers crossed so that the development goes as planned and offer myself as a guinea pig, i.e. a beta tester for OS X.
Good luck with development!
H.

Honza

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2009, 07:10:17 AM »
Any news of the List Editor for Mac platform?

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2009, 06:50:21 PM »
There has been only little progress in the last few weeks due to a lack of time... we hope to come up with a first version in the next few months.

Honza

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 03:42:58 PM »
Hi, I guess the list editor for OS X is still far away as there has been no news since February, right? I wish it was available soon...  :'(
Anyway, I keep my fingers crossed that you find the time and strength to come up with it in future.  ;)