Author Topic: Stackz List Editor 7.0 released!  (Read 4010 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stackz List Editor 7.0 released!
« on: March 30, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »
A new version of our freeware tool Stackz List Editor has been released today.
The new version 7.0 includes all the new features of the Stackz Flashcard Organizer (Standard Edition).
It can be downloaded here: http://www.stackz.com/Stackz/ppc/ppc.htm#StackzLE

A version with the dictionary integration will be released soon!
« Last Edit: March 31, 2008, 01:29:53 PM by Chris »

Honza

Re: Stackz List Editor 7.0 released!
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 01:08:57 PM »
Hello,

I wanted to try the List Editor but it doesn't run. I downloaded it, ran the install which went fine (i.e. no error messages), then I went to Start->Programs->MindDate Software->Stackz List Editor but I get an error message:

"Unable to locate Component - This application has failed to start because ProfUIS270u.dll was not wound. Re-installing the application may fix this problem."

I naturally tried to remove and re-install but the problem persists. Any ideas what's wrong?  ???

Google search on that DLL didn't reveal much information. Since I'm very much interested in the Pocket PC version of Stackz this is pretty much necessary to create new vocab lists...
I'm running Win XP with SP 2, English version (legal copy).

Thanks for suggestions,
Honza

EDIT: I found a solution to the problem. Downloaded a demo of Standard Version 7.0, found the DLL in its directory, copied it to the List Editor's directory and uninstalled. Now the DLL is in the same directory as List Editor and it's working OK. Sorry for this post then but who knows, maybe it can be useful for someone, and maybe the DLL could be included with the List Editor install file (?).
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 02:27:38 PM by Honza »

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 03:20:09 PM »
Thanks for reporting, and even posting the workaround solution.

It seems that the dll is not correctly included in the installer... I'll check it out.

Watus

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 01:29:54 PM »
EDIT: I found a solution to the problem. Downloaded a demo of Standard Version 7.0, found the DLL in its directory, copied it to the List Editor's directory and uninstalled. Now the DLL is in the same directory as List Editor and it's working OK. Sorry for this post then but who knows, maybe it can be useful for someone, and maybe the DLL could be included with the List Editor install file (?).

Tried this and the error message shifted to: "Runtime error! This application havee requested the runtime to terminate it in a unusual way."

Please, anybody have a solution? I need urgently List Editor as I only have Pocket Stackz!

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 01:32:20 PM »
Try downloading the current version of the List Editor, the installation routine has been updated and it should install correctly now.