Author Topic: Flagging words  (Read 3103 times)

poita

• View Profile
Flagging words
« on: December 14, 2007, 02:26:09 AM »
How about a word flagging feature? A lot of the time when I am studying on the subway I will come across a word that i would like to focus on later to consolidate it in my memory (eg: write out a few sentences using it, get a more precise definition from the dictionary etc). Having a button on the bottom toolbar to flag an item of vocab would be really great for this situation. This feature would be useful in both pocketstackz and Stackz 07.

I don't know about the rest of the users, but I use pocketstackz outside of the usual study environment as a way to reinforce what i have learned during my studies. If i can flag important vocab, it allows me to focus on it quickly and easily when i next sit down to do an extended study session (without having to chase down scraps of paper napkins with the title 'words to focus on'! ;)

napurenon

• View Profile
Re: Flagging words
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2007, 12:14:23 PM »
I second this idea - it would be useful in a number of situations.

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Flagging words
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2007, 05:03:21 PM »
Thanks for this suggestion, we agree that this would make sense.

Flagging could be used also for excluding individual words from the review process, a given state could be considered by the new retention manager.

As a workaround, you can easily enter a word in the comment (e.g. "FLAG" or "XX") and later on search for this word to find the flagged words.