Author Topic: Stackz in the web  (Read 11792 times)

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Stackz in the web
« on: October 14, 2007, 08:38:25 PM »
It's interesting to see how Stackz is mentioned in many places across the internet. I guess that many of the Stackz users recommending and discussing this tool in other forums are also reading this forum here, so this is the moment where I want to say thank you to everybody who let others know about their experiences with the Stackz learning system. Below are a few links, I'm sure there are others I have not found yet.

(link) I spent ages trying out PPC programs and the one I chose and still use every day is stackz.
(link) I could not learn ANYTHING without my Stackz flashcard application!
(link) I use Stackz on my PDA, and I love it! It is by far the best flashcard program out there that I?ve found, both on PPC and PC. I?ve actually been using Stackz for over 2 years now!
(link) Stackz is by far the best software to learn vocabulary on a PDA!
(link) Stackz - very good, by the way
(link) A Japanese learning reference recommending Stackz, and (link) Stackz wordlists for download
(link) Stackz was a definite match for me!
(link) I've also kinda fallen in love with stackz, which is another flashcard program, which offers some nice sorting and testing options...
(link) I?ve definitely been missing the presence of Stackz [on the mac] - one of the key-pieces...
(link) A program called "Stackz" is also good for creating and reviewing vocabulary introduced here
(link) I was very impressed with this Japanese learning application for the PC when I saw it a couple of years ago but have no intention spending a lot of time in front of a PC learning Japanese so am very pleased to see they now have a Pocket PC version.
(link) It's one of the best flashcard programs I've seen out there (I actually paid money for it, and bought a pocket PC to be able to use it on the road. I haven't used a paper flashcard in over 2 years)
(link) Brilliant program... I downloaded and purchased Stackz flashcard program last month after it was recommended in the JapanShop newsletter and I love it. Just from playing around with it while I'm working I've probably increased my verb and adjective knowledge by a 3rd.
(link) I have been using Pocket Stackz for some time now and really enjoy it because it`s 1. completely portable 2. enables you to add example sentences to words/expressions which greatly facilitates learning. I often use it while I`m commuting on the train.
(link) A long thread about Stackz (forum registration required)
-- And i found my new friend, Stackz Dictionary Edition... A wonderful program that has absolutely no limitations in its use. It does pretty much everything... Flash cards, dictionary etc etc... yeah i know tons of other programs do this but at least, this one allows you to monitor your actual work.
-- I've been using it for about a year and my retention has gone from probably 15% to 85%. (I'm making those numbers up, but before Stackz I could look at an old flashcard and not recognize it at all, and now I know most all of them.)
-- This program helps retention of vocabulary so much, it's crazy. I'm in the middle of course 2, and at this point, I let all of the course 1 words fall into severe need for refreshing, each time giving it a longer interval than the time before.
-- I've been using Stackz since some of the earliest versions in '02. Over the years I've used many other flashcard programs but eventually I went to this one exclusively (say 95%). I think the main reason is the unrestrictive design which allows for almost limitless personal custom uses, once you get the hang of what you can do with it. When you combine the main program with the dictionary utilities it puts so much study power and potential at your fingertips. The demo version does limit a lot of the cool things you can do, however.

And here, one of the few negative ones (yes that happens too from time to time ;D)
(link) Stackz -- Tried it. Supposed to have boxes. Data entry seemed like hell. Could not figure out how the quiz function worked. Gave up. Not free.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2007, 10:38:54 AM by Chris »

bkzk7188

• View Profile
Re: Stackz in the web
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2008, 11:11:39 AM »
http://renli.wordpress.com/kongzi/stackz-review/

Here, the author of Kongzi compares his program with Stackz (and kinda admits defeat!)