The Stackz Products > PocketStackz

PocketStackz 2007 Beta is available

<< < (2/5) > >>

Konstantin:
Thanks for your feedback!

--- Quote from: stackzrockz on November 12, 2007, 03:03:17 PM ---* I haven't decided if I like the buttons on the writing pad yet.  I use the buttons on my pocket pc, so having them there just takes up space for me.  Could you include an option to only show the clear/undo buttons?

--- End quote ---

Please try the latest version.
http://www.stackz.com/Stackz/ppc/PStz-2007-Beta.zip

It works as you proposed. You can always hide buttons on the writing pad
by pressing the "use navigation buttons" toolbar button.

Best Regards,
Konstantin

whosnick:
Hi,

nice to see Pocketstackz developing. I don't like the new buttons though. I have a standard 320x240 PDA and I find it difficult to tell what the buttons mean just by looking at them. The old ones were more self-explanatory, like the arrows for the learn mode and the hand for the finde-select mode. Now they show just "something" colorful. Might work in the pc version and on pdas with high resolution, but not for normal pdas.

I have not purchased Pocketstackz yet. If I do now, do I have to pay again once 2007 Final comes out?

regards,

whosnick

Konstantin:

--- Quote from: whosnick on November 17, 2007, 02:29:14 PM ---I have not purchased Pocketstackz yet. If I do now, do I have to pay again once 2007 Final comes out?

--- End quote ---

No, you do not have to pay again.

Regards,
Konstantin

stackzrockz:
Just downloaded and tried the new beta.  The erase/undo buttons are now sizing correctly (they are large, compared with them being very minute on the last version) on my x50v.  I like that I can hide the navigation buttons.  Excellent modification!

Pending issues:

1) I'm still having issues with the font on storage - there needs to be an option to set the program font used for things like lesson titles (vs. card attribute fonts) so that I can use different fonts and still navigate the program (try installing and using the font I linked to in my previous post and you'll see what I mean - the font is magnificent for learning or confirming stroke order but terrible at small sizes).

See video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReHj1oZj1qc (for item 1 and the dialog bug mentioned below)

---

2) Quick edit button - Would like to see a quick edit button, as there is in the desktop version.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkisS4yGU0Y (video pertains to #2 and #3)

3) Show all attributes in edit mode - Would like ALL fields to be shown when editing a card like the desktop version.  For example, selecting "kanji meaning skill" shows the kanji and translation fields.  If I need to make a note in the comment field in this mode and try to "edit card" then only those fields are available.  I must first switch into a mode that shows all fields, then edit the card.  And then to get back to my "kanji meaning" drill, I have to switch back once more.  Rather tedious - in the desktop version all fields are visible regardless of the current testing modes. (see video above)

4) Selectable Text in various learn modes - during testing of stacks, would like the text to be selectable so that copying and pasting is possible, the same as is possible in the desktop version.

----

Bug - still various dialogs are not appearing until the program loses and regains focus, as mentioned in the above.  This bug has been a problem on both of my Dell Axim x50v handhelds, with both Japanese and English OSs.

See video above under item #1

----

Looking forward to improvements!

stackzrockz:

--- Quote from: whosnick on November 17, 2007, 02:29:14 PM ---I don't like the new buttons though. The old ones were more self-explanatory, like the arrows for the learn mode and the hand for the finde-select mode. Now they show just "something" colorful.

--- End quote ---

By the way, I agree about the buttons - the old icons were rather intuitive - what about just sprucing the old ones up a little rather than replacing them?  I've got a high res screen, but I'm still not sure what those icons are...  The old ones were better IMHO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version