The Stackz Concept > Stackz - New Feature Requests

Is an update planned to create a more sophisticated RepeatAdvisor?

<< < (2/3) > >>

bkzk7188:
I'm a long-time Stackz/PocketStackz user, and spread out on 7 files I have a total of ~25000 entries which I review daily using RepeatAdvisor. Because of the sheer volume and approx. 85% of the entries having reached Level 5, I've tweaked the repeat times beyond "slow" and the current one for Level 5 is set to 200 days. Anything lower than that would have me constantly repeating words that I know far too well, and I don't want to spend more than 1 hour every day.

A possible solution to my (and other fellow long-time learners') problem would be a "RepeatAdvisor+" ColorMode. Simply increasing the number of levels could mess up the graphical representation, although thin columns wouldn't be a problem for me. An alternative solution would be if it turned Level 5 into some kind of "plus ultra" level where the repeat time would increase with every correct answer. This could be done using an algorithm OR simply by defining a longer series of repeat times.

One, very cumbersome, way around this would be splitting every file into two (or more), where the first one is set to "slow" and the second one would pick up where the first one ended, having longer repeat times. It would be a pain constantly moving entries between these lists, though.

I've been looking to other programs (Anki, Supermemo etc), but they really can't compare to Stackz so I'd love this feature to be added in a future version. Making it one of many ColorModes wouldn't disturb anyone, while putting Stackz further ahead of the competition by making it a viable alternative for long-time learners.

Chris:

--- Quote from: bkzk7188 on May 16, 2008, 04:38:51 PM ---An alternative solution would be if it turned Level 5 into some kind of "plus ultra" level where the repeat time increasing with every correct answer. This could be done using an algorithm OR simply by defining a longer series of repeat times.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I like that idea! It could be easily integrated in the current RepeatAdvisor: If the difficulty estimation is set to "promotion level" in the advanced dialog of the RepeatAdvisor options dialog, the refresh interval for level 5 could be extended with an additional option. As you suggest, adding a factor which multiplies the interval in the case of consecutive positive tests in level 5 would be quite simple.

Thank you for that suggestion, we'll think about adding this function to a future version.

Chris:
An improved version with this switch has been released today!

Please download the current release from the member zone.

napurenon:
I'm very glad to hear about this exciting new feature. Are you planning to add it to Pocket Stackz too?

Chris:
The latest version of PocketStackz includes the new features of Stackz 7.1 as well!

Please visit the members zone for the current build.
A direct link is here.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version