Author Topic: Floating Flashcard Feature  (Read 3345 times)

NickC

• View Profile
Floating Flashcard Feature
« on: January 30, 2007, 09:36:16 PM »
Hi, I was thinking how much I would like to see a feature that let Stackz sit in the system tray and put a floating flashcard on the desktop... the flashcard could list a random card according to the repeat advisor... this would mean that you could keep looking at a card whilst doing other things. At the moment I have like 20 paper cards blue-tacked to my monitor but that's not quite the same and doesn't allow an immediate tick/cross for it.

Does this make sense? Does it sound like a good idea? I think Decklan flashcards has something similar...

cjon

• View Profile
Re: Floating Flashcard Feature
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 02:24:34 AM »

Doesn't sound like it would be a good fit for the way I study.  And it seems to me to ignore the central ideas of using a Leitner system, but different people have different study needs.  Perhaps I'm just not clear on how this would be used?  ???

It sounds like it would be easy to achieve some (most?)  of the functionality by just having a checkbox in test/learn (in the menu? in options?) that would mark the test/learn window as "stays on top."

As for having multiple "reminder cards", to me that sounds really hard to do!  But maybe a way to export a single card to the clipboard so it could then be pasted into one of the various "post-it notes"-style applications that exist? 

JJ900

• View Profile
Re: Floating Flashcard Feature
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2007, 01:38:45 PM »
Hi NickC,
My post on the Kanji style screen saver for repetitive reinforcement? forum (http://www.stackz.com/forum/index.php?topic=172.msg776#msg776) might be of interest to you. Itís a one way system and so isn't as integrated as what youíre suggesting, but does allow the electronic equivalent of blue-tacked paper cards.
Cheers,
Jake

details