Author Topic: Bug report  (Read 3569 times)

jonas

Bug report
« on: November 08, 2006, 12:56:12 AM »
Long time since I found a bug now. Here we go. I'm on winxp sp2, japanese version.

Using the List Editor (2005, V3 which should be the newest), I first import entries from a file (right click main view, import entries from file).
Then I chose a shift-jis tab separated file, and import it, but import it as Unicode UTF8 tab separated. After that, I do the same again, import to the same stack as the ones I just imported, but this time as shift-jis so it gets correctly imported. Now, I attached a sample file so you can try for yourself(stack nr. 3 in the list.) I open this stack, to remove the entries I imported with the wrong encoding. The first part is messed up. So I mark all of those, hit  delete (or right click, remove), and then Stackz crashes.

Hope my explanation is clear enough to be understood. If not, just ask me and I'll try to be clearer.

Jonas

Chris

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Bug report
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2006, 10:32:42 PM »
It did not crash when I tried it on XP pro, german version...  ???

Are you using XP home or pro? There should be no language difference in the pro version AFAIK... but there may be differences in the japanese home version.

Have you tried the same thing with the Stackz Flashcard organizer 2006 on your system? If it does not crash, the bug has been fixed in the codebase but did not make it into a List Editor release yet. You are right that 2005 v3 is the latest release for the List Editor.

jonas

Re: Bug report
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2006, 11:00:40 PM »
Im using XP Pro. I tried to use 2006 too, but still crashes.

I'm attaching the file i'm importing from.

1) start new stackz document.
2) Tools -> import from file
3) Choose vocablist.txt, filetype Unicode UTF8 - Tab separated.
4) Open
5) Rightclick the newly created stack -> Edit this stack
6) Mark all the 9 giberish entries. (shift + click first, click last)
7) Hit delete button on the keyboard (or rightclick -> remove)
8) Stackz Crash!  :-\

Note: Crash only occurs if you select 2 or more entries and delete them. If you only highlight one entry, it gets deleted correctly without any crash.

details